For my first blog I wanted to
do something easy but fun. I was first inspired to make these cute
boxes of
candy by a post I saw on Pintrest, but of course I decided to personalize it. I
have a ton of old scrap-booking stuff that I got tired of, so I put them to good
use on this project. I actually plan to make these with my Sunday school kids
on February 15th because I want them to see Valentines day in a
Christian perspective.
I love Valentines day because
it celebrates love, but unfortunately this world made Valentines Day all about
“having a boyfriend or girlfriend” regardless of if you love them or not. I
remember in middle school a boy asked me out just because he didn't want to be “single”
on valentines day, and I barely knew the guy. But Valentines day is all about
true and clean love between a man and a woman (or at least that is how it
started out). And I believe there is no such thing as true love between a man and a women without God. That’s why I LOVED this craft, it's adorable, it's easy, it's
kid friendly, and it ties together Valentines Day and God.
So you will need Scrapbook paper, tape or hot glue (whatever you feel more comfortable using), scissors, ribbon, a box of conversation hearts and something to decorate the box (stickers, embellishments ect.) I also just typed up the bible verses in Word and printed them out.
Flip the paper over and trace the box up to make a stripe out of the scrapbook paper.
Wrap the paper around the box and fold where the edges are to make the paper look more fitted. Leave a little room on the top so you can tie a ribbon.
Add a little glue on the box.
Cut some holes in the top, through the paper. You can use a hole punch but I just used a knife.
Then pull the ribbon through.
Add some embellishments on top. Here I used a sticker.
For another box I made, I cut out burlap looking scrap book paper and used my Martha Steward lace hole puncher I bought at Michael's to make this design. Then I put a Kiss me sticker on top.
My finished product.
On the back I printed and glued these Bible verses.
Be Mine.....John 3:16
All Mine.....John 10:27-30
True Love.....Jeremiah 31:3
Love Me.....Luke 10:27
I'm Sure.....John 14: 1-3
Sweet Talk.....Psalm 119:103
Be Good.....John 14:15
Fax Me....Jeremiah 33:3
The original site for this craft:
http://www.juliabettencourt.com/crafts/conversationheartscraft.html

This is so !!! U got my creative juices flowing too, I cant wait to try ur creative ideas ;)
ReplyDelete