Flower Baby Mobile


You Will Need:
Foam wreath
Floral Pins
Scissors
Hot Glue
Ribbon
Faux Flowers and Leaves to Decorate
Step 1: Take the foam wreath and secure a piece of ribbon with the flower pin on the side. Then wrap the ribbon around the wreath. This makes the foam look more finished and polished.
Step 2: Cut all of your flowers and leaves off their stems. Cut as close to the flower as possible. You don't want any extra stem because you want the flower to sit as close to the wreath as possible.

Step 3: Put flower pins into the center of your flowers. Make sure not to leave any pins on the floor, not fun to step on... Also put pins on the leaves.
Step 4: Now for the fun, and hard part. Pin the flowers onto the wreath. I didn't go all the way around the wreath because I didn't want it to be that full. I just decorated the sides. I found it works best if you pin the big flowers in a zig zag pattern around the wreath and use clumps of smaller flowers to fill in the holes. Then use leaves and other textures to fill in the bald spots. Don't be afraid to mix lots of different leave, berries, and other smaller flowers to add variety. I also added some droopy greenery to hang off.

Step 5: After you are satisfied with the flower placement, go through again and secure all the flowers a second time with more pins and even hot glue if need be. Last thing you need is a flower falling on a baby at night.

Step 6: Cut three strips of ribbon of the same size. Pin one end of each ribbon onto the wreath. Tie up the top. I added a bow on the top as well for a little something extra.
 Step 7: Now have your husband (or do it yourself) hammer in a strong nail over the crib, and hang your mobile. If you have a certain side you like better twist the mobile in that direction. Once it it's hung it doesn't twist too much.

I made this mobile for my wonderful cousin who is due any day now with her beautiful baby girl. God Bless you Innachka!








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Meet The Author

Hi! My name is Ella, and my passion is creating beautiful things. I'm 24 years old. I'm a stay at home mom and wife. I have the most handsome and kind husband, and have a baby boy who brings indescribable joy to my life.