Bread Pudding Pear Pie


This is one of my favorite pies that my mom makes. It is perfect, when its fresh out of the oven with some ice cream and homemade butterscotch sauce on top. This recipe is super easy and is a family favorite.

To start, Preheat oven to 350.
 First you will need 1 can (29 ounces) pear halves, drained. I cut my pear halves into smaller slices.

To make the pie you will need:
 4 eggs
1/3 sugar
1-1/2 cups of milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt, 
and three English muffins, crumbled

 Drain and Cut the pears into thinner slices and line the bottom of a greased deep dish pie plate.


In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar, then add the milk, vanilla and salt. Mix well. 



Stir in the crumbles of English Muffins and pour over the pears.


Bake uncovered for 30-40 mins or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.

Now for the Butterscotch Sauce:


Now to make the Butterscotch sauce you will need:
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, chopped
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Combine the brown sugar and butter in a saucepan over medium heat until the butter is melted.


Gradually pour in heavy whipping cream. Bring to a slow boil over medium heat stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add vanilla and set aside to cool.


Pull the pie out of the oven and enjoy with ice cream on top and the butterscotch sauce. 
I was too excited to eat it and forgot to take a pretty picture of the pie in my plate, but here is a picture from Google =D

Original recipe (I made a few minor changes):
http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/bread-pudding-pear-pie




2 comments:

  1. oh wow that's cool, i never you can make bread pudding from english muffins !!! wow something new i learned lol can i substitute for another type of bread or is this a must to taste good ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know i havent tried it with other bread before. but I like the Engligh muffin texture.

    ReplyDelete

 

Flickr Photostream

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Meet The Author

Hi! My name is Ella, and my passion is creating beautiful things. I'm 24 years old. I'm a stay at home mom and wife. I have the most handsome and kind husband, and have a baby boy who brings indescribable joy to my life.