Brownie Cupcake With A Cream Cheese Frosting


This recipe is really easy, but really yummy. There is something about the chocolaty taste of the brownie and the cheesy taste of cream cheese that really makes this cupcake phenomenal.
In my moms recipe book this one is called "Ella's Favorite" and since I've gotten married I have made this at lease 10 times. Unfortunately I was in a hurry when I was making them and I did not take a lot of pictures, but it is pretty self explanatory.

Cupcake: 
Brownie mix (1 box)
oil
water 
eggs

All you need for the cupcake is brownie mix and the ingredients it calls for, like oil, water and egg. The trick is, putting an extra egg than what it calls for. Then the cupcake turns out more cake like and less fudge brownie like. Just follow the instructions on the box and pour the mixture into cup cake tray (line the cupcake tray with liners and spray them with Pam first) and put it into the oven. Make sure the cupcake trays are filled up about 2/3 of the way, otherwise when you take it out of the oven the cupcake mix will rise too high and it will make a mushroom looking cupcake. My oven was pre-heated to 350 degrees and I kept the cupcakes in for about 30 minutes, checking on them constantly. Once a toothpick comes out clean, you are ready to go. Pop the cupcakes out and let them cool in the fridge (If you try to frost them hot, your cream will melt).

Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 pack of Cream Cheese (room temp)
1/2 can of Condensed milk
8 oz Whipped Topping

In a mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese and condensed milk until it is smooth. taste the mixture, if it is not sweet to you, add a little more condensed milk. I like mine sweeter.
Then add the whipped topping and mix it with a rubber spatula. That way it will keep its fluffiness.
After your frosting is ready put it into the fridge to stiffen up a little.

Put it all together:
After the cupcakes cooled, I take a knife and I cut a cone in the middle and pull out the centers. I love doing this with cupcakes because it really lets the cream soak into the cupcake. Then put the cream into a piping bag and fill the holes and swirl extra on top. For the ones I did here I added cadbury eggs for decor.


This recipe makes 12.
My husband ate like 5 of them in one day. So next time I might be making 24.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Meet The Author

Hi! My name is Ella, and my passion is creating beautiful things. I'm 24 years old. I'm a stay at home mom and wife. I have the most handsome and kind husband, and have a baby boy who brings indescribable joy to my life.