Chalkboard Frame


I am all about reusing old things, so when my dad was going to throw this picture away, I just had to take it home and see what I can do with it. 
The frame was old, covered in spiderwebs and the paint was chipping, but it had potential. 

 First things first, I took the old mirror picture out. Then I washed and dried the frame really well.
 (Make sure the frame is really dry, otherwise the spray paint will not stick well and you will have bubbles.) Then, with my metallic gold spray paint, I painted the frame giving it a new and shiny look.
 Lucky for me, behind the mirror was a wood board. Otherwise I would've had to buy wood and cut it into the right size for the frame. I took that wood out and spray painted it a chalkboard black spray paint. I bought a bottle from Michael's.
And lastly, I just put it together. This was so easy to make, and it is so pretty. It could be used a home decor, or for wedding or parties. You can make this with any old frame and piece of wood.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Meet The Author

Hi! My name is Ella, and my passion is creating beautiful things. I'm 24 years old. I'm a stay at home mom and wife. I have the most handsome and kind husband, and have a baby boy who brings indescribable joy to my life.