This might be my favorite project so far. It is so easy and cute. It is great for home made gifts. Mothers day is coming up and I plan to make these with my Sunday school class as a gift to their moms.
You will need:
Mineral salt
Essential oils
Soap colorant
Decorating items: jar, ribbon, tag, stickers, ect.
You can find everything at michaels
First I made a funnel out of some scrap paper. Otherwise it is just a mess. I measured out how much salt I want to use for the jar.
Then I put it all in a zip lock bag and added a few drops of essential oil. I just ball parked it. It depends on how much salt you are using. I put about 4 drops in.
Then a few drops of the colorant. I wanted a faint pale color. I put about 10 drops before it started to show well.
Then zip it up and shake shake shake!
Finally, pour it back into the jar and decorate. I just put a sticker on the jar from my scrap-booking stickers. I also tied a tag around the neck of the jar.
So easy to make and such a cute gift!

0 comments:
Post a Comment