When we bought this house, the living room was painted this horrible combination of red and yellow. There is not a lot you can do with red and yellow walls! I painted my living room "Ponder" by Sherwin Williams. It is a combination of purple and gray. I started decorating by buying two ivory side accent chairs. When decorating a room it is important to find piece you like (art work, couch, table ect.) and decorate the room in that style. I love how the tufted look makes the room elegant. I really wanted a good mix between girly and mature. But most importantly I wanted it to be cozy!! I think the shaggy rug is the perfect finishing touch to make a room feel like you can cuddle up and read a book.
P.S. The amazing wainscoting you see is all my husband. He is amazing at everything he does.
DESIGN BOARD IDEAS: These are some designs I had in mind when I was putting the room together. Clearly I didn't follow either one exactly, but it gave me a staring point and an idea of how the end project would look. As I bought more furniture, my design became more accurate and closer to the final outcome.
WORK IN PROGRESS: This room needed a whole lot of work. For starters the old and stained carpet had to go. To our surprise, we found hard wood floor under the carpet. Denis sanded down and stained the hard wood. He installed wainscoting, installed lights (this room had no overhead light at all), painted the ceiling, and painted the wainscoting and molding.
BEFORE AND AFTER:






0 comments:
Post a Comment