My dining room is perhaps my favorite room. I love its elegants, but at the same time its rustic feel. I think the main dining table and chairs are my favorite pieces in the house. When we moved in, the dining room already had hardwood floors, but we sanded them down and stained them a dark brown.
Between the dining room and living room there was a barrier of 4 white wood posts. They were so ugly and divided the room. We took them down and opened up the space. I love how open the area is now.
Denis also added wainscoting to this room. The paint color in this room was a total accident. We didn't know what color to paint it so Denis bought some paint that was discounted. As luck would have it, it was a beautiful color.
Between the dining room and living room there was a barrier of 4 white wood posts. They were so ugly and divided the room. We took them down and opened up the space. I love how open the area is now.
Denis also added wainscoting to this room. The paint color in this room was a total accident. We didn't know what color to paint it so Denis bought some paint that was discounted. As luck would have it, it was a beautiful color.
INITIAL INSPIRATION:
The way I come up with my designs is be being inspired by someone else. Initially I was inspired by an Instagram post I found on my feed. I love the combination of the grays, browns, blues and teals.
DESIGN IDEAS: For the main dining area I knew I was playing around with a dark blue, and I already had my table and chairs picked out. But everything else was basically undecided.
BEFORE AND AFTER:






0 comments:
Post a Comment