Candle Making



One thing to know about me, I love to do crafty things but I don't love to spend money on it. So when I see a way to reuse something, I do. I found these old candles. Some melted from the hot days and some were already burned. So I decided to melt them and make new candles. You can buy candle wax and candle wicks at Michaels or any other craft store, but I just used what I had. Note: This project is messy so if you are going to do it, put something under. Apparently wax is hard to get off kitchen counters.


Using a knife, cut the wax up. Carefully pull out the wick as long as you need it. depending on how tall your candle is.

Separate the wax.

Here are the wicks I pulled out.

Put the wax over boiling water (the way you would melt chocolate). Do not put it straight into a pot on the stove because it will burn. Let the wax melt, stir constantly.




Set up your jars. Use a stick to hold your wicks up.

Keep melting until all the chunks are gone.

I recommend straining it because there were still some wicks left and other little stuff floating around. Do not use a towel you like because you will most likely throw it away after this.

Pour some fragrances into your wax. I used lavender. It is the same fragrance I used for my bath salts. The fragrance worked great, but the color, not so much. I would need to buy special candle wax color.




I drowned some purple flowers into the candle just to add a little color. Let the candle cool in room temp. Don't try the fridge, it doesn't work ;D.



I also made a coconut candle with the shell of a coconut from those fruit sorbets from Costco.



And I tried using a small little jar. Great for  party favors. You can buy these jars at Michael's.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Meet The Author

Hi! My name is Ella, and my passion is creating beautiful things. I'm 24 years old. I'm a stay at home mom and wife. I have the most handsome and kind husband, and have a baby boy who brings indescribable joy to my life.