Mixed Berry Cobbler






This recipe is so easy but so Delicious. If you are having guests over and you don't want to slave away in the kitchen baking cakes, this is a nice way to make a yummy quick desert that still looks fancy. You can find many cobbler recipes online. Mine is a combination of a few I found online, plus what my cousin told me to do (from whom I got the idea from). You do need oven safe dishes for this one, but other than that the ingredients are very simple and I am sure you have more than 50% of what you need for this recipe already in your kitchen. Makes 4, 8 oz servings.

Ingredients:

Berry filling:
  • 4 oz of blueberries
  • 4 oz of raspberries
  • 4 oz of blackberries
  • 1/4 sugar
  • 1/4 flour
Oatmeal Crumble:
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup oatmeal 
  • 1/4 cup sugar (you can add more to taste if you want is sweeter, but the berry mix will be pretty sweet)
  • brown sugar to sprinkle on top


Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine berries, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup flour in large bowl; toss to blend well. mix slightly to let the juices out. Transfer berry mixture the ceramic cups, filing it about half way. I had 4 ceramic cups that were 8 oz each. 




Melt the stick of butter. Combine remaining 3/4 cup flour, oats and sugar, in medium bowl. Add butter; rub in with fingertips until topping holds together in small moist clumps. Sprinkle over berry mixture.
 

Sprinkle brown sugar on top and bake crisp until berry mixture bubbles thickly and topping is golden brown, about 40 mins. Let stand 15 minutes. 

Add a scoop of vanilla ice cram and Serve warm or at room temperature.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Meet The Author

Hi! My name is Ella, and my passion is creating beautiful things. I'm 24 years old. I'm a stay at home mom and wife. I have the most handsome and kind husband, and have a baby boy who brings indescribable joy to my life.